Well, if you saw the walking post (below) you'll probably guess where this one is going. We had our first ER visit and first set of stitches this weekend. (Photos not for the squeemish)
James and I were visiting our dear friends Jason and Karen in San Diego on Sunday. At about 5:30pm James was practicing his walking between their couch and coffee table and before we knew it he had tripped and bashed his head against the table. He hit the corner just right (well, I guess just wrong) and opened up a HUGE gash at his hairline all the way down to the bone.
So, off to the ER we went. Luckily they weren't too busy and they took care of us quickly. I guess when you walk in with a screaming, bloody infant you don't get ignored or wait-listed! The doctors and nurses were excellent but our poor little q got 16 stitches to fix him up.
If he has the Jebbia head-bashing gene (courtesy of my Dad) I'm sure we'll be doing more of this. Hopefully not soon though!
.jpg)
OUCH! That's one big gash for a little head.
.jpg)
All set up for suturing....
.jpg)
One knot at a time. It's really interesting how they tie them off. I've never gotten to see stitches put in so up-close-and-personal before.
.jpg)
All Done! Our little Daniel-san pulled through like a champ...though with LOTS of screaming for sure. He definitely does NOT like being restrained. Note to self...never swaddle this one again.
Ouch for sure! We took this in the bath tonight (no, those aren't tears). Poor guy has a huge bruise too. But it doesn't seem to be bothering him. He was trying to run down the hallway when I got home from work and then tried to climb up and over the couch. He has no fear....I'm in trouble.
Trisha!! OMG! Poor little guy! What a trooper though!
ReplyDelete